Palace of Versailles All Access Passport Entry with Audioguide
Enjoy access to all areas of the royal estate with your Versailles Passport. While a basic entry ticket only includes access to the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors and the gardens - a Passport also gives you entry to Marie Antoinette’s Estate, as well as the stunning Musical Garden shows.
- Your passport allows you to tour the magnificent palace, also known as Château de Versailles, which contains 700 rooms spread across 800 hectares.
- Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette with the help of a multilingual audio guide.
- Visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors - a corridor filled with 357 mirrors that majestically reflect the gardens through arched windows.
- Roam around the gardens and explore 250 acres of gorgeously landscaped lawns and fountains.
- Get a complimentary Palace of Versailles Visitor Guide packed with information that will help you plan your Versailles visit.
Use Your Passport to Tour the Château de Versailles
Your ticket gives you access to the most famous places within the royal estate including the Royal Palace, the Park, Gardens, Marie Antoinette’s Estate, and entry to any exhibitions on show at the time of your visit. If you plan to visit on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, it’s worth paying the extra €8 for an upgraded Passport ticket, which includes access to the Musical Fountain and Garden shows.
Learn About the French Monarchy with the Help of a Multilingual Audio Guide
Upon entering the Palace, collect your complimentary audio guide from one of the two pick-up counters located on the ground floor, one at the entrance to the Apartment Ladies and the other at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles. Audio guides are available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian.
Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Designed to protect the ornate walls and ceilings from smoke, the hall’s 357 mirrors were strategically placed to reflect the light of candles. With just a few flames, the reflection from so many mirrors was enough to light up the whole hall!
Explore 250 Acres of Gorgeously Landscaped Lawns and Fountains
After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds, through the beautiful French gardens, and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. Next, stop by the Estate of Marie Antoinette and discover the life and antics of the Queen at the Petit Trianon. Walk around the Village of the Queen and English gardens, then see where Marie Antoinette built her own house, a Mill, a Preparation Dairy, a Cave, a Belvedere and the magnificent Temple of Love where lovers get engage. At the Carrosses Gallery, travel back in time as you explore carriages, coaches, sculptures and other artifacts left behind by the French Monarch.
If you’re short on time and would prefer to skip the long lines, a Versailles skip-the-line entry ticket will allow you to save your time.
If you’d like to maximize your time at the palace of Versailles and get a more in depth Castle experience, click here.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walk its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
- Ticket to the Palace of Versailles.
- Multilingual audioguide.
- Access to the Castle (Royal Apartments + Hall of Mirrors) Gardens, Park, Carrosses Gallery.
- Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate.
- Entrance to the Gardens on Fountain Show and Musical Show days (upgraded ticket).
- Exclusive Headout Versailles Palace Visitor's Guide
- Priority Access skip-the-line tickets.
- Live guide.
- Transportation from/to Paris.
Know Before You Go
Please note that you will have to choose Passport entry with or without the Musical Gardens/Musical Fountain Show in the next step of the booking. On the dates when there are Musical Fountain Shows, you will only be able to purchase the Passport which includes access to the shows. On days without the shows, you will only be able to purchase the Passport without access to the Musical Gardens/Musical Fountain Show.
With these tickets, you will be able to skip the ticket office and head straight to the entrance at Gate A. However, please know that depending on the day of your visit, there may be a security wait of anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Palace of Versailles Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 9 am to 5:30 pm. Closed on Mondays,
Gardens of Versailles Hours
Open daily from 8 am to 8:30 pm during high season (April - October) and from 8 am to 6:00 pm in low season (November to March).
Gallery of Carrosses Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Closed on Mondays.
Estate of Trianon Hours
Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 12 PM to 5:30 PM. Closed on Mondays.
It takes approximately 3-4 hours to tour the royal apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Park, Trianons and gardens. However, your ticket grants admission until closing hours on the day of your visit.
Musical Fountains Show Dates
Occur every Saturday and Sunday from 31 March to 28 October 2019, on Tuesdays from 22 May to 26 June 2019 as well as on some additional dates (Friday 30 March, Tuesday 8 May, Thursday 10 May, Wednesday 15 August).
Musical Gardens Dates
Occur on Tuesdays from 27 March to 15 May (except Tuesday 1 May and Tuesday 8 May) and from 3 July to 30 October 2019, as well as Fridays from 6 April to 26 October 2019.
Audio guides are available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian. There are two audio guide pick-up counters, both located on the ground floor: one at the entrance to the Apartments of Mesdames, and another at the entrance to the Gallery of Castles, just after crossing the Royal Court.
Reduced Price Tickets
For "Passport Ticket", admission is free for the following:
- Children below the age of 18
- EU citizens below the age of 26.
- Teachers from a French establishment with a Pass education.
- Differently-abled individuals with the person accompanying them.
- Job seekers in France and recipients of minimum social benefits.
- Ecole d’Art students.
If you qualify for free admission, go directly to entrance A in the Dufour Pavilion when you arrive at the Palace, with proof of your right to free entry and proof of identity.
For the Park and Gardens The Park and Gardens are open every day. The access is free except during Musical Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens. However, free admission is granted to children below 5 years of age.
The Palace of Versailles is located only 30 minutes from central Paris. The main entrance to the Palace of Versailles is by the Cour d'Honneur. To reach by train, you have several options:
- Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
- From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau.
- From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château.
- You can find RER and SNCF trains schedule at www.transilien.com.
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
The hall of mirrors is STUNNING (to say the least). I was lost in my own reflection (ha-ha) but also the beauty of the backdrop of the gorgeous garden view
Easy and quick booking with easily accessible tickets, no problems whatsoever! Very good company to book through.
How to Redeem your Tickets
You will receive your Palace of Versailles All Access Passport Entry with Audioguide vouchers via email shortly. On the day of your Versailles experience, display your voucher at Entrance A of the Palace, the Dufour Pavilion, located on the top left side of the Cour d'Honneur courtyard.
These tickets are valid till June 2020. Should you miss your scheduled visit, you can come back later and visit the palace anytime before June 2020.
Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France, Versailles